The policy of EMIRATES WESTERN OIL WELL DRILLING & MAINT. CO. LLC. (EWPSCO) is to
- Comply with the requirements of ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 29001 and ISO 45001, as well as ISM & ISPS codes including all National & International legislative, regulatory and other requirements, and to co-operate with all applicable National & International enforcement authorities. In doing so we shall ensure safe practices ashore and in vessel operation, providing a safe and healthy working environment.
- Eliminate Risks and Reduce / Control identified risks regarding occupational health, safety, and the environment, through periodical review of effectiveness of the present controls and analysis of actions, focussing on the prevention of all work-related injuries, incidents and ill health, damage to property and environment; protection of employees, contractors and visitors in the vicinity under administration and operational control of EWPSCO.
- Continually improve the QHSE management skills of personnel ashore and afloat, including readiness for QHSE emergencies and maintaining an ethos of continual QHSE improvement.
- Minimise the environmental impact of our activities to the accountable extent, through compliance with applicable (inter)national legislation, requirements and conferences.
- Consultation and participation of workers
- Strive for client satisfaction by achieving compliance with- and clear identification of our customer’s expectations and actively monitor the results. Our response to client needs shall always be driven by an ethos of continual improvement of quality services.
- Create and maintain an environment for all employees to encourage teamwork, co-operation, initiative, leadership, problem-solving, reliability, constructive decision making and a commitment to improvement.
To meet these objectives we ….
- Define and document responsibility, authority, accountability and interrelationship of key functions Associated with health, safety, pollution prevention and quality.
- Address QHSE issues and their impact on practices, processes and products to align our business with public and customer expectations.
- Promote QHSE awareness and enhance confidence of internal and external stakeholders in our business by informing, consulting, training and advising.
- Establish and maintain adequate process controls.
- Ensure that competent staff are appointed to safeguard the proper implementation, progress and Monitoring of the QHSE objectives of the Company so that appropriate training needs are identified, addressed and reviewed for their effectiveness.
- Ensure and continuously monitor compliance and identify potential improvements to our QHSE Management System.
- Ensure emergency preparedness complies with the (inter)national standards and is based on an Effective plan, with appropriate instructions.
- Set QHSE goals and performance objectives for monitoring, evaluating and continually improving the Company’s QHSE performance.
- Create an atmosphere to facilitate the organization to learn from the past by having a NO BLAME CULTURE and by actively rewarding / recognising outstanding QHSE performance demonstrated by employees.
- Ensure that all non-Company personnel on company premises and vessels adhere to the Company QHSE Policy & relevant requirements.
- Develop sound working relationships with customers and suppliers based on a mutual understanding of each other’s needs and capabilities.
- Take all necessary steps to remedy existing defects and deficiencies, either internally or by Requesting outside assistance.
This policy is subject to review during annual management review meetings.
DELIVERY OF HEALTH, SAFETY, ENVIRONMENTAL AND QUALITY OBJECTIVES IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF
MANAGEMENT AND EACH EMPLOYEE OF EWPSCO.
Mr. Abdourazak Kone